Saturday, May 14, 2011

Farmer's market!

Clockwise from top: soda*, milk**, arugula, russian kale, radishes, salad mix, shitake mushrooms.  Center: cottage cheese**, fresh sheep's milk cheese.  
 Friday haul above, Saturday below.  After having abandoned this blog in the depths of winter, I am now determined to write more regularly.  And look at all the tasty things I have to write about!

Coming soon:  a post on how I've migrated from, "wow, these cookies are labelled organic!" to purchasing almost every single food I eat directly from local producers.

I know - it's so much easier in May, right?  I intend to take full advantage of it, and document as much as possible.
Clockwise from top: fresh flowers, whole grain cookies*, strawberries, eggs, MORELS, chuck steak, asparagus, italian sausage, fresh whole wheat pasta.

* Soda and cookies are quite obviously indulgences that are arguably not part of this healthy, real food thing I'm trying to do.  To that, I say BAH.  I am going to eat some sweets and I have a soda addiction that I'm still trying to purge.  For now, small amounts of these things made locally and without any crazy ingredients prevent me from breaking down and purchasing their conventional alternatives.

** Milk and cottage cheese not actually purchased at the farmer's market, but acquired on the same trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment